Paul Okoye has called the bluff of the Federal Government over threats to punish musician Tekno for being a “threat to national security” following a viral semi-nude video.
The former member of the now-defunct P-Square music group described the arts authorities ‘unreasonable’ as he shared his two cents on the issue.
“Some people are just not reasoning at all,“ Paul Okoye says.
He poked fun at Tekno as he shared a photo with his fellow artist on Instagram while he referred to the FG as “Fufu and Garri”.
Tekno is under investigation after a clip of him dancing with semi-naked women in a glass-sided truck surfaced last week. He subsequently released a music video with footage of him with pole-dancers in a truck.
In a statement on Sunday, Director-General of the National Council for Arts and Culture, Segun Runsewe, called Tekno a “threat to national security” for releasing an “offensive” music video and said the star would be made a scapegoat to serve as a warning to others.
The decision by the parastatal of the Federal Ministry of Information and Culture has, however, sparked a huge conversation on social media with MMMG boss Ubi Franklin and radio host Matilda Duncan criticising the verdict.
While Ubi, who only parted ways with Tekno a week ago, said his former signee was only “expressing his craft” through the nude video, Matilda wondered why the Federal Government would place the country’s priorities to rather torment a “harmless” entertainer apparently over inappropriate footage.