Residents of Egbeda village near Osogbo are mourning the loss of two members of a Celestial Church of Christ in the village after they were electrocuted during service on Sunday.
According to sources, four people were electrocuted but two survived while the other two lost their lives.
The deceased, Yinka Adeniyi and Busayo Akande, were alleged to be holding faulty microphones when the incident occurred. The bodies have since been deposited in the Osun State General Hospital morgue.
The surviving members of the incident are also severely injured and are receiving treatment in an undisclosed health facility in Osogbo.
The state police Public Relations Officer, SP Folasade Odoro, confirmed the cause of the victims’ death to be electrocution.
She urged residents to always adhere to strict safety measures while using electrical gadgets and added that “detectives from our command are also working to unravel other things that may not be immediately evident but may be connected to the incident.”